Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm hooked...


On Body Pump that is!! Today was my first time trying a class out at my new gym. The class of choice was Body Pump. Holy crap!! This was such an awesome workout. I was in lots of pain but, not bad pain it was that I can feel it working pain. I'm instantly hooked.


So what is a Body Pump class? Here's what their website has to say.


"BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYPUMP™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography."


We did Body Pump 60 today. We did squats, cleans & presses, dips, triceps, biceps, lounges, shoulders, abs and, ending with a cool down of stretches. It was fantastic. The one thing I would suggest is if this is something you would like to do a couple times a week I would invest in some weight lifting gloves. The bar did hurt my hands a little. If anyone has any recommendations on weight lifting gloves let me know!


Here are a couple videos of what it was like. If you have the chance to try one of the Body Pump classes I would highly recommend it.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

I found your blog through Mamavation. I love Body Pump too! We don't have it where we are now, so I've had to find other weight lifting to fun music options. Enjoy the classes for the both of us! :)
-Kelly

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails