Friday, June 4, 2010

A Run a day will keep the Doctor away!

When you go to the doctor for stresses in your life they should totally prescribe running or walking!!

There have been some things that have been stressing me out lately. I get stressed pretty easy and, in the past have used food to calm me down. This week however I've been putting in a couple miles every other day and, it's been melting the stress right off me. (Hopefully pounds too!) I feel so great when I'm running almost like nothing can stop me. After my run I feel like I have accomplished so much and, am so proud of myself.

I signed myself up for a local 5k for August. This will be my first 5k I've ran since the last time sometime in 99' . I am currently following a cross between Hal Higdon's 5k plan and, Jeff Galloway's. I highly recommend both. I'm running every other day with cross training in between with my Saturday's as a rest day. I'm already planning on signing up for at least one more 5k before bravely signing up for a 10k!

If any of my readers have any tips for me on running a 5k and, or 10k please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear them!
Related Posts with Thumbnails