Sunday, June 17, 2012

A little sidelined but ready for Summer fun!

My last check in I mentioned some pain in my heel and shins. I went to the podiatrist and he confirmed what I already had feared. Plantar Facsciitis. The cure? Lots of rest, icing, stretching, an anti-inflammatory medicine and, if needed a cortisone shot. Ugh, this was not what I wanted to hear.

I have been taking the last couple weeks off to rest and take care of my foot as much as possible, but it's very difficult. With it being Summer now, my oldest is home from school and we are always on the move.

Since I am a bit sidelined right now I won't be running any races. I believe the next one I have on the calender isn't until August. However, I am supposed to be training for the next half in September. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out there and run some soon.

With no races on the calendar and not much running going on, I haven't had much to write about. I thought I'd switch up my blog a bit here for the next couple months. Last Summer, I introduced on my blog a Summer Bucket List. I listed items I wanted to do during the Summer with the kids. I thought I would do that again, plus post about some of the activities we do off the list. I also linked to a wonderful site last Summer called, Little Wonders' Days. The site has a link up where others list their bucket lists as well. Thankfully, Little Wonder's is hosting the link up again this year. Feel free to join me and link up with me!

Little Wonders' Days

I look forward to updating everyone on what we have in store for this Summer. Lots of Park Questing, Camping, Arts and Crafts, Science experiments and, even a "What we are currently reading" section!
Related Posts with Thumbnails