Monday, June 4, 2012

A Bad Ass Mother Runner Night!




I am a huge fan of the funny, talented ladies behind AnotherMotherRunner.com community.. Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell. I first came across these ladies on their website sometime last year. I read a lot of great comments about their first book  Run Like a Mother How to Get Moving and Not lose Your Family, job, or Sanity. I grabbed a copy and was hooked. I found myself laughing and writing quotes down almost immediately. I had never read a book that had spoken to me like that one had. It gave me the motivation to get back into running. After finishing reading the book I joined their facebook community too.


Not too long after that,  I run a race that now I call the starting point of finding myself again. I owe these women and their book so much for helping me gain the strength and courage to do that race. I may have totally sucked but, I did it!! 

A couple months later I joined an online support running group based out of my hometown. They helped me continue pushing through and helped me get to where I am now with my running. While I was training for my 1st half the ladies in my running group all started talking about the new book being released by Sarah and Dimity. It was to be a book all about training for races. How perfect, that's exactly what I needed. I purchased Train Like a Mother: How to Get Across Any Finish Line- and Not Lose Your Family, Job or Sanity.  and, started reading it. I loved all the training tips and, nutrition section. 


Right around the time I was finishing the new book. I got a message from a friend telling me of how she scored an invite only to the party of the year, the guest of honor's were none other than SBS and Dimity!! She had 5 invites to the party and because I was one of the first 5 to comment on her status,  I was granted one of the invites. Get back!!! Say what?!? I was ecstatic. I was finally going to meet the talent authors of one of my favorite books. The two very women who got me out there to run the race that would change my running life. 

So, Thursday night I headed out with some awesome running mama's for a night of Tapas and Sangria followed by meeting Sarah and Dimity! 
 
Cheers to great running buddies!

Not only did I learn a lot about the ladies I run with every week, I learned about how great Sarah and Dimity actually are.  It was so awesome that Sarah and Dimity were in the same house as I was and, actually taking pictures with us. They were so down to earth. They read from their "Train like a Mother" book,  gave away some awesome prizes, signed books, and they gave away the best swag bags ever! Way to hook a runner up, ladies!! While getting my books signed and picture taken, they asked me what I was doing next with my running. I told them I was working on getting faster and running another half. They told me good luck, and they knew I'd be able to do it as long as I keep working on it! Those are exactly the words I needed to hear from them. How awesome are they!

SBS, Dimity and I! (I'm 5' 6" in case you were wondering)



The awesome swag bag we received!







Related Posts with Thumbnails