Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Now What?

I've ran my first ever Half-Marathon...Now What?!?!

As many of you know, I started this blog as a way to keep myself accountable while training for my first 5k 2 years ago! I've fallen off the running wagon a couple times and have neglected this blog. I think the main reason this has happened is because I pick out a goal, work towards it, then once attaining my goal I don't know where to go from there.

I'm stuck in the same situation once again. I set a goal to run a half, I trained for it, and now finally accomplished running a half!! What now? I know that as of now, I have no desire to run a full marathon. I don't think I have enough time in the day to properly train for a full. Not to mention I just don't think my body is made for a full right now. I would like to lose 50 lbs before even thinking about running a full.

I've decided I need to sign up for another half. Even though I am super proud of myself for finishing I think there are still some things I'd like to work on. During the Summer one of the running groups I am a part of does track runs. I think that doing these weekly runs will help with my speed. With the track runs, and a long distance run on the weekends, I think I can work on my speed as well as endurance. I don't want to set a goal time for the next half but, I'd like to improve my time. I'm giving myself about 3 months to do this!! I think it's attainable and I think it will help keep me on track. 



I've also signed up for two races that mean a lot to me this Summer. The WDF 5k was my first ever 5k since my high school cross country days. The Liberty 5k was also pretty significant because it was my first race that I actually made me believe I could continue improving. I ran with a  friend during that race that has pushed me to do things I never thought I could since that race. I can't wait to run it with her again!

At the WDF in 2010

My question to all of you is, Do you set mini goals? Do you set long term goals? Do you run for fun or weight loss?
Related Posts with Thumbnails