Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's almost go time!

It's almost go time!

The taper running has begun, water is being guzzled, nutrition is in check. Oh, and the nerves are at it's highest. All signs my very first half marathon is approaching.

I haven't been able to update my blog as much as I have wanted too through this experience but you know being the super cool mommy that I am and, shoving in running time has pretty much taking up all the time I have left. I already don't sleep enough as it is.

I ran 12 miles as my last training run the other day. It was painful but, I made it. Last weekend I decided to start my taper running with an easy 7 miles on Sunday.

My anxiety level about this race is super high. I am sure that is normal. I remember the nerves for my very first 5k and I laugh at that now.  As nervous as I am, I am just as excited!! I can't wait to cross that finish line to finally accomplish a huge goal of mine. This will be the culmination of all of my training over the past few months.

I am jotting down my goals for this race!
-Finish
-Finish in 3hrs
- Finish with out having to walk

Some of you may laugh at that time but that's my goal and I will be super proud of myself if I can accomplish it!


And if a half marathon isn't already enough, I've decided if there are spots left for the 5k on Saturday I will be doing that one as well. I had been batting around the idea for weeks now and thought well, if there are openings then it's meant to be. The 5k is a night run dubbed at "The Nut job 5k" because of course you have to be nuts to want to run a 5k only 12 hours prior to a half marathon. My thoughts are why not, there is no rule saying I have to go all out for the 5k. I'm going to go in it at a safe pace and use it as a run to get my muscles lose for the half. Did I mention you get another medal for completing both!! Oh yes, the hardware got me!! ;)

I'll check in closer to my actual half time! I'll leave you with some picture's of those awesome medals!!





Related Posts with Thumbnails