Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm baacckk!!

Heeellllooo party people!!

Guess what?

I'm back! I thought it was a perfect time to bring back my blog that's been in hiding for quiet some time. Why did I leave? You ask. Well, I had a great bit of difficulty blogging after I had gained a lot of the weight back that I had lost. I was embarrassed, and ashamed. What's different now? I sort of threw away the scale, and stopped obsessing over the weight. I started focuses on eating healthy and just staying active. I joined a new gym where I go to every morning. I've put more focus into weight training too. I feel so fit and energized as of lately.

I had been dreaming of the idea of participating in a half marathon for quiet some time now but, always felt I wasn't ready. Not to mention it scares the pants off me. After running an 8 mile run last Sunday with out stopping. (Yep, you read that right peeps) I said to myself, I have come a very, very long way since I first started my running journey. I needed to celebrate that. What better way to celebrate it than to finally face my biggest fear head on. A half marathon!!! I officially signed up! I will be running on May 6, 2012. I will need all the support and motivation I can get. Hence the reason for starting up this blog again.

I need accountability. A swift kick in the pants if you don't see regular blogging here. Shout at me on Facebook or here and, let me have it. I would also like to use this platform to share my training with any newbie runners or anyone thinking about running a half. What better way to make a big decision like that than to follow someone else on their journey, and learn from their celebrations and mistakes. I would like to post some product reviews of my favorite running products as well as some huge misses for me.

So, who's excited!!! I know I am!
Related Posts with Thumbnails